The NS-START.Pro is a all-in-one multi constellation GPS receiver (GPS+GLONASS+GALILEO+BEIDOU) digital speedo compass. It delivers precise and reliable heading information to help you to tack and jibe at the most suitable times. The user settings let you decide the required sensitivity (High / Medium / Low) based on your boat, your style, and the current weather conditions.
GPS speedo and compass
The over ground speed of the boat as measured by the GPS receiver is provided with several levels of sensitivity (High / Medium / Low). The trip distance, the GPS heading and the maximum speed can also be accessed.
The easiest count-down timer
Press the timer button to get the 5 minute sequence started. Press it again, and it will re-synchronize to 4 minutes or 1 minute.
Hundred of hours of sailing data can be recorded and transferred wirelessly through Bluetooth to your computer for post-races analysis.
The PC Novasail Wireless Manager software combined with the ease of use of Google Earth allows you to manage easily the waypoints sent wirelessly to your NS-START.Pro. Up to 10 Waypoints can be memorized.
Distance to the start line
The NS-START.Pro start line distance function relies on a highly accurate GPS receiver to pinpoint exactly where you are relative to the line.
- A +/- sign indicates clearly which side of the line you are.
- Unique bow offset gives the exact distance from your bow to the line.
- Ends can be ‘pinged’ whilst traveling in any direction.
- Boat/pin end buttons: dedicated buttons make storing the start line easy and intuitive.
The embedded firmware of the NS-START.Pro is upgradable thanks to its embedded bluetooth transceiver: new features and firmware upgrades are available in our download area.
Latest technical upgrades
An amber red backlight allows the unit to carry its duty in the night sailings. PC connectivity is now enhanced with a latest generation Bluetooth low energy transceiver (BLE).
Dedicated user interface for the start
With a dedicated button for the timer and 2 dedicated ones for the boat and pin, anyone in the crew can launch the start sequence within a second while focusing on the boat performances.
The symbols on the buttons and their positions make the misunderstanding and wrong usage totally impossible with an easy access on starboard tack.
Inspired by the 40 meters waterproof digital camera dive casing, the design of the body is made around a thick rubber ring, sealed with 14 stainless steel screws. Made to survive the toughest conditions and wipeouts.
A single AA battery will last for more than 30 hours.
- Speed resolution: 0.1 knots
- Minimum speed: 0.5 knots
- Heading resolution: 1º
- Display: 33 mm digit height, wide view angle, amber red backlight for night sailings
- Dimensions: 183 mm x 116 mm x 33 mm
- Lanyard/Safety leash hole to secure the device
- Bluetooth embedded for easy PC connectivity
- Weight including battery: 470 grams
- 1 AA battery: 30 hours+ run time